Lucky Downs Dohne Stud

Lucky Downs Dohen Stud

LUCKY DOWNS DOHNE STUD

ANNUAL SALE, November 2012
 

Lucky Downs Dohne Stud

Contact:

Shayne White
Ph: 02 6331 9239

Mob: 0400 840 673
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Address: 401 Dry Creek Rd
LEWIS PONDS NSW 288
 

Website

   


The Dohne is a highly productive dual-purpose sheep, bred to combine prime slaughter lamb production and fine white wool in a self-replacing fertile, hardy and easy care commercial flock.

PRIME LAMB PRODUCTION
This year at Lucky Downs we have achieved an averaged $108per head, through the live-stock markets for 60% of our lambs and the other 40% for export to Southern Meats at $4.20per kg. with a dressed weight 24-28kgs

Lucky Downs entered the Commercial flock lamb competition at the Dubbo National Dohne Expo and received third place.

WOOL QUALITY
Quality wool production can be maintained while creating opportunities for greater finan-cial returns, through the alternatives in wool and prime lamb marketing using Dohne Rams from LUCKY DOWNS DOHNE STUD

Lucky Downs averaged: Wool: 5.1kgs Cut/Hd Clip Micron: 18 micron

FERTILITY
Full flock lambing percentage have come from 70 - 80 % in our Merino Flock to 100 - 125 % in our F1 & F2 Dohne Merino. Our 400 Stud Ewe percentages are 120 - 155 % lambing.

SELF-REPLACING
Ewe lamb progeny retained for breeding purposes are Merino wool producers, which has eliminated the need to buy in ewe replacements

Lucky Downs is known for high quality wool for High Rain Fall areas coming second place at the Dubbo National Dohne Expo August 09

This Sire recently purchased from Uardry for $5000 will be on display at the field day along with other Stud Sires being used in Lucky Downs Stud flock for 2010.

EASE MANAGEMENT
Mulesing on Lucky Downs finished in 2005 we believe Dohne are the sheep to solve this problem. We have selected bare breach which has eliminated mulesing.

Contact:
Ph. 02 6331 9239
Email. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
(Principal) Shayne White 0400 840 673
(Assessor) Jason Southwell 0429 039 521
(Elders Wool) Trevor Toole 0427 664 209

Maintain Wool Quality & Wool Cut, Increase returns through Prime Lamb, Increase Fertility & Breed a self-replacing flock




Lucky Downs Dohne Stud Lucky Downs Dohne Stud
Lucky Downs Dohne Stud Lucky Downs Dohne Stud
Nindooinbah
KW Red Angus Senepol

Subscribe to our mailing list

Interested in upcoming cattle sales
Interested in upcoming sheep sales
Sheep & Cattle Sales